Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Can Feel It

As predicted, using the cantilever has now become a natural part of my day. Although I haven't yet done five sessions in a day, three to four come easily. In fact, it has become a point of such regularity that I notice a difference on less intense days.

My scoliosis was never grossly disfiguring, but I was noticeably unstraight. My hips weren't straight, I didn't stand straight, I was never on my center of gravity. After my two weeks at the CLEAR Institute I was back over my center of gravity, my hips were more even, and I stood noticeably straighter.

For years my "normal" had been a little crooked and I could feel it moving to a better normal. Sometimes I still slump to crooked, but now I can feel it and quickly revert to straight.

Over the past couple weeks I have noticed on my 3-days I tend to slump more often; especially over multiple 3-days in a row.  This tends to be the case during the week, so on the weekends I am sure to make it up with 4-days.

I know that I probably should be doing more sets, but as is so often unfortunately true: the minimum has become the standard. Nevertheless I can still feel the changes in my body, and hope that with discipline they will remain.

Though as difficult as these past few weeks of summer have been, school starts next week, and that's when the real challenge will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment