Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 9: Lucky

Recently I've taken to writing while on the cantilever, an otherwise long and tedious time. Today I was standing, contemplating what to write about when I heard a dripping noise behind me. I turned to see the girl behind me mid-throwup.

Vomit is one of the many bodily fluids that I can't stand to see, hear, or smell; but there it was, dripping right behind me. Okay, no more vomit talk, but that got me to thinking how in the grand scheme of things, scoliosis really isn't that bad.

It's not a debilitating or life-threatening disease. It's not cancer or leukemia, chromes or any autoimmune deficiency. It's not MS or MD. I don't get sick because of it, my body still functions normally. Other than some discomfort and minor aesthetic abnormalities there is no physical pain or deformities that signify a problem. Considering all of the health problems possible, I am lucky.

I have full function of my mind and full control of my body. Fluids stay in my body, and I am overall healthy person. In the big picture, scoliosis isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment