Sunday, September 16, 2012

All the Positives

I've been in school for two weeks now and everything has fallen into schedule. I leave in the morning at 6:30 and then get home at 7 o'clock that night. Usually I have half an hour before I have to leave again for another practice until I get home at 10.

Miraculously, through all this I still have time for doing three cantilevers a day. I do one at 5:30 before I leave, one right after I come home, and one before I go to bed at 11 o'clock at night.

Even more miraculously, I still do all my homework and have maintained straight A's. I utilize my time on the cantilever to do assigned readings for school. Through this, I do an hour of reading every day that I probably wouldn't do otherwise. I have been forced to find time, or make it.

Unlike many of my friends, I don't spend idle time on Facebook or Twitter- I don't have idle time to spend. While I've always been good at time management, the last couple weeks have made me constantly productive.

So while I could be looking at an hour of exercises a day as negative and time consuming, instead I choose to look at the positives. I've already developed better time management skills, more dedication, and I'm much more efficient with my time. I do extra reading and school work I might not do otherwise. There's also that little bonus that every day I feel straighter, and I'm potentially avoiding a life-altering surgery. So yes, while the cantilever is a pain, I am much the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment