Friday, September 13, 2013

A Year Out

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since my time at the CLEAR Institute. In that time I've run through seven different sports seasons, been to four different countries and fourteen different states. I've tutored regularly at the elementary school down the street, and I've tutored at a primary school in the Dominican. I've had a concussion, and of course, I've had my scoliosis. 

A lot has happened, and I've grown from each of my experiences. I'm more confident than I was a year ago, physically and mentally. I stand straighter, my head is more centered, and I walk more normally. Overall, I feel better in my body, and I'm happy with the way that I've gotten here. It's taken dedication, some early mornings, some late nights, but I put in the work to change my body. Even if the numbers don't necessarily agree, I'm incredibly happy with how I turned out to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment