Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 2: Good News!

The daily intensive sessions are, as promised, intense. The Eckert Table has given me blisters, the Saunders table made me cry, the vibration station makes my skull fall asleep (pins and needles, funny feeling), and the cantilevers leave a lasting full-body soreness.  But given my good news only five circuits in, I would say it is all worth it.

Monday morning my x-rays measured a 51 degree upper curve. Tuesday at lunch it was down to 36. Nine hours of discomfort for a thirty percent correction? I'll do that any week.

Through the majority of stations we are all plugged in to iPods. I find it easy to reach my happy place with the familiar songs in my ear.  Instead of this place resembling a medieval torture chamber the Zac Brown Band can transport me to the beach or Kanye can take me to practice somewhere. For the thirty minutes in the chair movies are played to again remove you from reality.

The attendants, nurses, and doctors are all incredibly friendly and nice. After all, the entire occupation is dedicated to fixing you and your problems. Maybe I'm not quite fixed yet, but with hard work and dedication   I can be. 51/33 to 36/29 is a marked improvement and if it lasts, every minute in those contraptions will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment